Fire Department Requirements
To Become a Part-Time or Volunteer Firefighter:
1. One must fill out a Town Of Zebulon employment or volunteer firefighter application.
2. A background investigation is conducted on the applicant.
3. Further consideration of the applicant includes a meeting with the Fire Chief to discuss the application, prior fire service training, back ground investigation, departmental standard operating guidelines and other requirements and expectations.
4. The Fire Chief makes a decision on the applicant based on all information submitted, requirements and a personal interview with the Fire Chief.
These are the minimum requirements to be a full-time Firefighter with The Zebulon Fire Department:
1. Minimum 21 years of age
2. Minimum two years of fire service experience
3. Provide copy of high school diploma or GED
4. Possess physical condition necessary to withstand duties of a firefighter
5. Successful Completion of ICS 700 and 800 courses, NIMS 100 and 200 courses, and Bloodborne Pathogen training
6. NC Class B Drivers License
7. Completion of Wake County Essential of Firefighting Course or equivalent
8. Certification as NC Firefighter Level II, Hazardous Material Level I Responder, NC Emergency Vehicle Driver and NC EMT-Basic or higher medical certificate
9. Copy of NC Drivers License