Q: When is Town Hall open?
A: Town Hall is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are closed on major holidays.

Q: Where can I pay my Zebulon water/sewer/garbage/stormwater bill?
A: Bills can be paid at any location that accepts City of Raleigh bills, including Zebulon Town Hall, Wendell Town Hall, and Knightdale Town Hall.  

If you make a payment in person at any location other than one of these official payment locations, your payment may take several days (or even weeks) longer to reach the City. This could cost you additional late fees, or your services could even be disconnected for nonpayment before your payment is received.

For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you...

ONLY visit an Official Utility Payment Location to make your payment in person!

Q: Who do I call if I have a question about my water/sewer/garbage/stormwater bill?
A: You can call the City of Raleigh at 919/890-3245.

Q: What methods of payment are accepted for my water/sewer/garbage/stormwater bill?
A: The Town accepts cash, check, money order, credit or debit cards for utility bills. You can also pay using your bill using Visa or Master Card over the phone (919/890-3245) or on the Web (www.raleighnc.gov).

Q: How can I obtain an extra garbage can or recycling cart?
A: For extra garbage cans or recycling carts, please call Zebulon Public Works at 919-269-5285.  Each additional garbage can is an extra $10.28 per month, and each additional recycling can the charge is $4.16 per month, which is added to your water/sewer/garbage/stormwater bill.  

Q: How is my stormwater bill is calculated?
A:  For residential utility accounts, the stormwater fee is the same ($2.00 per unit per month).  For non-residential accounts, the fee is based on the building square footage (as reported by the Wake County Revenue Department) tied to the utility meter the account serves.  Non-residential stormwater fees are listed on the Town's Adopted Fee Schedule.

Q:  What methods of payment are accepted for other types of bills or invoices?
A:  For all other types of payments due to the Town of Zebulon, only cash, check or money order is accepted.  Other payments due to the Town include payments for civil citations, cemetery plots, registration for Parks & Recreation programs, nuisance abatement charges, zoning fees, and inspection fees.

Q: Where can I pay property taxes in Zebulon?
A: You can pay property taxes at the Wake County Eastern Regional Center, located at 1002 Dogwood Drive. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You also can find out more information about your property value and pay property taxes by phone using your Visa or Master Card (919/856-5400), or on the Web (www.wakegov.com). Please note that the Regional Center only accepts cash, check or money order for property tax payments.

Q: Where is the DMV office?
A: The DMV office is located in the Zebulon Chamber of Commerce building at 815 North Arendell Avenue. This office is only for registration of vehicles or renewal of license plates. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, call 919/269-0117.

If you need to apply for or renew your driver’s license, the nearest office is located in Wendell at 2851 Wendell Boulevard (Food Lion Shopping Center). Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, call 919/365-9516.

Q: When do I need to register my business?
A: A business registration should be obtained from the Town prior to the opening of your business. Applications are available through this Web site or at Town Hall. For more information, call 919/269-7455, ext. 1805.

Q: How long is my business registration good for?
A: A business registration is good for the fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). If you start your business mid-fiscal year, the license still is only good until June 30. The Town will issue invoices for business registration renewals during the first or second week of July of each year.

Q: How do I purchase a cemetery plot?
A: The Town owns and operates one cemetery, located on Cemetery Drive (accessible via Whitley Street or Gill Street). Cemetery plots (2 spaces) are $850 plus applicable deed recording fees.  A limited number of plots are available. For more information, call (919) 823-1806.